We are currently accepting short story submissions until March 31, 2017. At this time, The Crossover Alliance does not accept physical submissions. Rather, we would like you to email us your submission package. This will ensure a speedier turnaround time on your submission, and you will receive a reply acknowledging that we received your submission.
- Please read Our Mission for an understanding of what type of work we are looking for.
- Do not submit a query for an unfinished manuscript.
- We do accept previously published/self-published stories as long as you currently own the rights to those stories.
- Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com, addressing Mr. David Alderman. Please include NOVEL, NOVELLA, or SHORT STORY SUBMISSION and the title of your novel/novella in the subject line of your email.
- There is no minimum word count requirement for short stories. Our word count maximum for short stories is 17,000 words. If the word count of your novella exceeds 17,000 words, you might want to consider submitting it as a novella.
- Submissions should have a Christian theme and may fall within a variety of different genres. The two main genres we do not accept at this time are romance and young adult. If in doubt, contact us and we'll let you know.
- All submissions may include ‘edgy’ and mature content, so long as that content is used responsibly toward the story and not for the sheer intention of making the piece ‘edgy’. We have the final say in whether a piece is edgy for the wrong or right reasons.
- All submissions should hold to central Christian doctrines, and all authors submitting should hold to central Christian doctrines. Central Christian Doctrines are defined as such: the Trinity, the deity of Jesus Christ, the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, the work of Christ on the cross, and salvation by grace through faith. Submissions that do not hold to these central Christian doctrines will be denied.
- We retain the right to refuse any piece for any reason we see fit.
- We will contact you if we are interested in seeing your entire manuscript.
Please send us a submission package containing:
- A cover letter which includes your name, the title of your story, and a brief bio telling us who you are and what your interests are. Be personable and give us a good idea of who you are as a person, not just a writer.
- A brief synopsis telling us what your story is about, who some of the characters are, and if this is a standalone story or attached to a series. Please also give us an explanation of what makes your story Christian. For some tips on writing a synopsis, check out this article. And for some examples of a fiction synopsis, you can check out this link here.
- Your entire short story. Read below for formatting requirements.
Please make sure your manuscript submission is formatted as such in a double-spaced Microsoft Word (or Word readable) document:
- Your font should be a clear and simple one, such as Courier or Times New Roman, size 12 or equivalent.
- Indent your paragraphs
- Have page breaks between chapters
- Include page numbers
- Do not include a space between paragraphs
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions regarding the submission process.